Yvonne Cook has 25 years experience as Research Assistant which has involved field and laboratory skills in many different areas. She has experience in a range of analytical techniques in both soil and water analysis and her main task is the nutrient analysis of fresh water and soil extracts using a Skalar auto analyser.
Current research interests
Current Interests include being the main contact for Virtual Observatory project in Tarland which will see the local community and Schools being involved in uploading weather data and any interesting environmental issues onto the Your Catchment website.
Yvonne's highlighted publications
- Vinten, A.J.A.; Artz, R.R.E.; Thomas, N.; Potts, J.M.; Avery, L.M.; Langan, S.J.; Watson, H.; Cook, Y.; Taylor, C.; Abel, C.; Reid, E.; Singh, B.K., (2011) Comparison of microbial community assays for the assessment of stream biofilm ecology., Journal of Microbiological Methods, 85, 190-198.
Yvonne's most recent publications
- Edwards, A.C.; Watson, H.; Cook, Y.; Domburg, P., (In press) Contrasting the pathways and delivery mechanisms of nitrogen, phosphorus and coliforms to a headwater stream., Water Science and Technology.
- Vinten, A.J.A.; Loades, K.; Addy, S.; Richards, S.; Stutter, M.I.; Cook, Y.; Watson, H.; Taylor, C.; Abel, C.; Baggaley, N.; Ritchie, R.; Jeffrey, W., (2014) Assessment of the use of sediment fences for control of erosion and sediment phosphorus loss after potato harvesting on sloping land., The Science of the Total Environment, 468-469, 1234-1244.
- Dunn, S.M.; Johnston, L.; Taylor, C.; Watson, H.; Cook, Y.; Langan, S.J., (2013) Capability and limitations of a simple grid-based model for simulating land use influences on stream nitrate concentrations., Journal of Hydrology, 507, 110-123.
- Edwards, A.C.; Watson, HA.; Cook, Y.E.M., (2012) Source strengths, transport pathways and delivery mechanisms of nutrients, suspended solids and coliforms within a small agricultural headwater catchment., The Science of the Total Environment, 434, 123-129.
- Booth, P.; Cooksley, S.L.; Cook, Y.; Langan, S.J., (2009) Determining the level of awareness amongst devlopers about freshwater pearl mussels., Scottish Natural Heritage.
- McWhinnie, M.J., Chapman, S.J., Edwards, A.C. and Cook, Y.E.M., (2004) A rapid method for the estimation of rock surface areas., Hydrobiologia, 517, 133-136.
- Lilly, A., Edwards, A.C., McMaster, M. and Cook, Y., (2002) Microbiological risk assessment source protection for private water supplies: Validation study: Interim report., SEERAD Water Services Unit.
- Edwards, A.C., Hooda, P.S. and Cook, Y., (2001) Determination of nitrate in water containing dissolved organic carbon by ultraviolet spectroscopy., International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, 80, 49-59.
- Wade, A.J.; Soulsby, S.; Langan, S.J.; Whitehead, P.G.; Edwards, A.C.; Butterfield, D.; Smart, R.P.; Cook, Y.; Owen, R.P., (2001) Modelling instream nitrogen variability in the Dee catchment, North East Scotland., The Science of the Total Environment, 265, 233-256.
- Edwards, A.C.; Cook, Y.; Smart, R.; Wade, A.J., (2000) Concentrations of nitrogen and phosphorus in streams draining the mixed land-use Dee catchment, north-east Scotland., Journal of Applied Ecology, 37(Suppl.1), 159-170.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: